Accounting Supervisor - Full Remote for Portland-Area Candidate!
About the Company & Position
One of the oldest non-profits in Oregon is looking for an Accounting Supervisor. This wonderful organization has several critical programs that serve the Portland Community. The is a remote role for a local candidate, with the occasional need to work on-site.
- Employees say:
- 'Family friendly organization, great for parents looking to balance work and family'
- 'Inclusive, Compassionate, Understanding. I love working on the Homeless Outreach Program. The staff and management are nothing short of amazing.'
- 'Company is employee focused. Excellent benefits. Leadership programs.'
- They offer excellent benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- Generous PTO and retirement programs.
- Talented Controller, with a true passion and alignment with this organization's mission.
- Our client has a strong D/E/I vision and policy, supporting all differences, backgrounds, abilities and viewpoints.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely reporting of all financial information, including month-end and year-end financial reports. After review of financial information, make recommendations to Controller & CFO if changes need to be made.
- Approve any irregular and non-reoccurring monthly journal entries and review balance sheet, general ledger accounts, and income statement schedules.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis identifying and understanding risks to the budget, timing issues, or accounting issues to proactively address with management, accounting, and HR.
- Implement training for new hires and identifies training opportunities for current staff.
- Review and manage the system of internal controls over accounting functions to minimize risk.
- Responsible for compliance and implementation of changes in accounting policies and procedures after review by Controller & CFO.
- Supervise and participate in the annual financial, funder, and pension audits and prepare audit-related trackers & perform preliminary review of submission documents for external audits.
- Coordinate with the Controller on the internal audit process and implementation including decision as to number of internal audits to be conducted on an annual basis.
What the company needs in an Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, accounting or related field.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Uniform Guidance and Single Audit implementation.
- Experience with a wide variety of office and accounting applications, including MS Office and preferably Intacct Accounting Software.
- Clear understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and implementation.
- Manage month-end/year-year end closing process
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.
- Accounting Software
- Business Reporting
- Financial Analysis
- General Ledger