Summary of Position Role
Record and analyze transactions for financial reporting purposes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Assist the Corporate Accounting Manager in integrating new financial transactions by implementing new processes and procedures and assist with establishing new general ledger infrastructure. Maintain general ledger accounts through account reconciliation and analytical procedures, perform process improvements and assist with researching new transactions for accounting impact.
External Interactions (all profiles)
IT/PeopleSoft support personnel
Other business units/affiliate company personnel
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience is required.
- CPA or equivalent experience/certification preferred.
- General knowledge of GAAP and SEC regulations and filing requirements; Energy industry experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial modules (e.g. General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Projects) including Power Plant, and Clarity.
- Ability to utilize appropriate operating systems and software applications to access data and generate reports to include: Windows, Microsoft Office including Advanced Excel, and Access. Ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
- Ability to meet numerous internal and external deadlines often under tight time constraints.
- Ability to write and present diverse ideas in a logical and concise manner. Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.