Reviews, analyzes and prepares all invoices to ensure accuracy and routes through appropriate approval process prior to payment
Files processed payments and invoices on a weekly basis.
Applies general knowledge of accounting/financial and company policies and procedures when responding to specific questions.
Assists in monthly closings.
- Ensure vendor invoices are distributed timely to appropriate departments and project managers for coding and approval.
- Review vendor invoices for purchase order implications and get proper coding instructions for deposits on PO's.
- Update purchase orders when prepayments are processed, ensuring proper commenting on invoice entry.
- Review vendor invoices for tax implications, including sales and use tax, CA non-resident withholding and 1099.
- Enter approved and coded vendor invoices to allow for prompt payment and purchase discounts to be taken.
- Fill out credit applications with proper information to secure credit terms from new vendors.
- Set up new vendors with proper review and documentation.
- Reconcile vendor accounts and communicate with vendor accounts receivable departments as needed.
- Assist with accounts payable filing system.
- Maintain accurate and updated vendor documentation.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Must be familiar with Engineering/Construction terminology or billing
This position will interact closely with the Director of Finance, the Accounting Supervisor and other Finance department members, department managers, project managers, vendors and other employees.
An Associate's Degree from an accredited college; strong basic math skills including basic bookkeeping and/or accounting; customer-oriented communications. Proficiency in MS Office software applications and data entry into a business Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.