The VP of Finance is responsible for leading and managing accounting & finance for this well-funded non-profit organization, with real estate development projects & property management, focused on affordable housing in this area. The VP of Finance is part of the Executive Team and is the highest level of authority for providing guidance to the accounting team on GAAP for business-type governmental entities and non-profit entities.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with financial institutions and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensures accurate, timely financial reporting to investors, lenders, public funders and other stakeholders
- Serves as lead support staff for the Finance and Asset Management committee of the Board of Directors - includes preparing and presenting monthly Finance reports and cash flow projections
- Oversee relationship with external auditors and the Audit Committee of the Board
- Identifies accounting reporting issues and consults with auditors or other experts as needed throughout the year
- Reviews and recommends annual operating budget to the Board of Directors for approval
- Oversees cash flow and financial statement impacts related to new and ongoing development projects
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the legal documents pertaining to development transactions and for providing guidance on financial, compliance and reporting impacts resulting from agreements
- Assists real estate development department with negotiation of terms and ensures execution of all necessary project documents, including purchase and sale agreements and financing documents.
- Works with real estate development to identify and secure potential permanent and pre-development/construction period funding sources for individual projects.
- Works with VP of Real Estate Development to identify and analyze financial exposure and risk related to real estate development pipeline
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance, CPA + but n/n
- 8+ years' experience in a directly related position with at least five years' supervisory experience.
- Experience with real estate development financing and complex legal structures or affordable housing, HUD and LIHTC.
- Public accounting audit background desirable
- A hands-on leader willing to get into the weeds and work side-by-side with the team.
- Adept at collaboration, leadership and support of diverse teams