VP of Finance & Administration - 100% Remote!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a leading association serving North America.
- Due to growth, they are hiring a VP of Finance & Administration in their US headquarter location in the DC area, however, this role is 100% remote!
- This position starts in contract with an hourly pay of $50 - $55 and for the right candidate, a yearly salary up to $120,000.
- The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
- They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- 'The organization is growing at a rapid and exciting rate.'
- 'A renewed leadership team makes for an exciting future.'
Overview of the VP of Finance & Administration role:
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, maintains chart of accounts and ensures compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and audit requirements.
- Maintains internal and external control safeguards and coordinates all audit activities.
- Projects and manages cash flow.
- Oversees Accounts Payable.
- Produces timely and accurate reporting of financial information to the senior management team (monthly), the Finance Committee and Board of Directors (three to four times per year).
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual budget and assists the senior management team in developing department budgets for incorporation into the overall budget.
- Arranges for and coordinates the preparation of materials for the annual independent audit.
- Works with the Secretary/Treasurer and the Investment Advisors to review portfolio performance on a monthly basis and ensure investment guidelines established by the Finance Committee and Board of Directors are met.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Oversees the preparation of the Form 990 tax return.
- Oversees the preparation of the Form 5500 retirement benefits return.
Preferred Qualifications for the VP of Finance & Administration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university; CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years finance experience. At least two years in nonprofit preferable.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with Intacct and Bill.com preferred.
- Experience with an Association Management System (AMS) is preferred.