VP of Finance Administration 100% Remote!
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is a leading association serving North America.
• Due to growth, they are hiring a VP of Finance Administration in their US headquarter location in the DC area, however, this role is 100% remote!
• This position starts in contract with an hourly pay of $50 - $55 and for the right candidate, a yearly salary up to $120,000.
• The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
• They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries
• Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
• The organization is growing at a rapid and exciting rate.
• A renewed leadership team makes for an exciting future.
Overview of the VP of Finance Administration role:
• Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, maintains chart of accounts and ensures compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and audit requirements.
• Maintains internal and external control safeguards and coordinates all audit activities.
• Projects and manages cash flow.
• Oversees Accounts Payable.
• Produces timely and accurate reporting of financial information to the senior management team (monthly), the Finance Committee and Board of Directors (three to four times per year).
• Coordinates the preparation of the annual budget and assists the senior management team in developing department budgets for incorporation into the overall budget.
• Arranges for and coordinates the preparation of materials for the annual independent audit.
• Works with the Secretary/Treasurer and the Investment Advisors to review portfolio performance on a monthly basis and ensure investment guidelines established by the Finance Committee and Board of Directors are met.
• Serves as the staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
• Oversees the preparation of the Form 990 tax return.
• Oversees the preparation of the Form 5500 retirement benefits return.
Preferred Qualifications for the VP of Finance Administration:
• Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university; CPA strongly preferred.
• Minimum five years finance experience. At least two years in nonprofit preferable.
• Minimum three years supervisory experience preferred.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Experience with Intacct and Bill.com preferred.
• Experience with an Association Management System (AMS) is preferred.