Classification: VP/Director of Finance
Compensation: $175000.00 to $185000.00 yearly
VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE - Manufacturer in Northeast Georgia
My client, a manufacturer in northeast Georgia, is searching for a Vice President of Finance to join their team for an immediate, direct-hire opportunity. The Vice President of Finance provides executive-level leadership and has the overall responsibility for assuring the financial health of the company by providing accounting and financial expertise. The Vice President of Finance directs the management team toward making the best possible decisions to maximize the company’s profitability and value. The Vice President of Finance will be expected to proactively provide the senior leadership team with effective communications, counsel, analysis, and interpretation of accounting, financial, and operational performance information. The Vice President of Finance also has oversight for the Human Resources and Information Technology functions. This position is open due to growth. If you are interested in joining an industry leader that promotes from within, then this is the opportunity for you.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for high level strategic analysis and critical review of the business to optimize increased economic growth in support of the strategic business plan.
- Manage the company finances through the development of effective policies and procedures in accordance with standard accounting practices (US GAAP) and required company mandates.
- Ensure accurate accounting, cost-effective procurement, effective internal controls, and sensible investments.
- Direct financial reporting, including identifying financial performance measures and indicators, statistical summaries and reporting systems used to measure effective business strategies and management decisions.
- Oversee annual forecasting, budgeting, and goal setting process.
- Assume responsibility for business risk assessment.
- Assure the company has the adequate legal representation, review, and support to protect the organizational assets, and ensures that the company is in compliance with applicable laws.
- Work with corporate tax department to ensure the company is fully compliant with all applicable tax laws.
- Lead the Human Resources Director - set, enforce, and evaluate legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices; identify and implement long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Serve as a financial advisor to the President regarding tactical and strategic plans.
- Manage the Information Technology Director in issues relating to network, mainframe, programming, hardware, software, and telephones.
- Identify and resolve problems using root-cause analysis and data in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Manage daily operation of accounting department, including managing accounting staff to ensure the department is meeting the goals of the company.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the parent company, including working with internal audit and the tax department, year-end reporting, and ad hoc reporting or requests as needed.