M&A Vice Presidents in KeyBanc Capital Markets’ (KBCM) Technology Group actively work with sub-sector bankers (covering SaaS software, security, infrastructure, fintech, tech-enabled services, and internet) and other product groups in cross-functional teams originating and executing a wide variety of advisory mandates, including strategic and financial buy-side and sell-side mandates as well as minority interest capital raises. VP’s at KBCM act as the primary day-to-day contact with clients providing execution support, including financial statement analysis and model development, valuation analysis, industry research, and the preparation of various presentations and documents including information memorandums, management presentations, industry white papers, etc. Primary responsibilities also include supporting senior bankers in developing junior assets and helping with special projects to further develop the practice.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with sub-sector coverage bankers and product partners on M&A/strategic alternative idea generation and pitches, corporate finance opportunities, and public and private, equity and debt, capital raising transactions
- Leading teams of Associates and Analysts in the provision of financing and advisory services to clients as well as the creation and preparation of presentation and pitch materials; mentoring, coaching and assisting in the development of Associates and Analysts in the Technology Group.
- Accountable for performing in accordance with the strategic direction and overall leadership of the industry segment including but not limited to: quality of both financial analysis and pitch books.
- Managing and executing tasks encompassing comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses.
- Analyzing the financial statements and operating metrics of public companies within the Healthcare sector to generate industry insights.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients through relationship development, industry knowledge and capital markets expertise.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within the sector.
- Understanding the financial impact of decisions on the client’s organization.
- Coordinating the appropriate organizational resources to deliver product solutions and advice to clients.
- Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson Financial, and SNL
- Accountable for effective project management: drive the process, effectively prioritize and allocate resources.
- Responsible for pitch book and presentation development; develop persuasive arguments based on the data gathered by analysts, both conceptually and through client presentations.
- Responsible for training and mentoring Associates and Analysts.
- Maintain communications with team members and product partners.
- Generate ideas and analytical materials in support of new client meetings
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A/Strategic alternatives
- Continually build knowledge and capabilities within the industry segment and stay abreast of competitive trends.
- Assist with attracting a quality workforce, i.e. college recruiting activities.
- Maintain required licensing.
- Demonstrate the Key Values - - Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Leadership.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, Liberal Arts, etc.)
- Series 7/79 & 63
- Minimum of five years of investment banking experience
- Relevant client interaction and transaction experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage deal teams
- Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Quantitatively and financially-oriented, possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
- Strong team player that is a motivated self-starter with the desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Excellent organization, communication and research skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- MBA, MA in Accounting, CFA, CPA, JD or equivalent
- 5+ years direct industry segment experience
- Previous investment banking experience
- Financial Modeling
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and research into cohesive succinct thoughts and materials
- Strong Communication Skills – both verbal and written
- Team Player
- Prioritize tasks
- Commitment to Excellence
Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $92.9 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,335 ATMs; telephone banking centers ; and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank serving the needs of mid- to large- sized businesses and focusing principally on middle market clients in six industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, and real estate.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled