The SBA Lending Quality Control Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of the bank's SBA lending pre-funding and post-closing quality control elements of the Compliance Management System. This includes providing reports and guidance to the operations team about the quality of loan applications and closed loans. Supervises and provides daily direction, coaching, and training to Quality Control staff. The Quality Control Manager is a working supervisor and may be assigned daily quality control responsibilities to assist with department needs and time lines.
- Ensure Pre-Funding and Post Closing Quality Control audits are completed as per SBA SOP requirements and Company policy, including required time frames.
- Provides interim QC reports to operations team for their responses. Ensures management responses are completed within deadlines, are accurate and appropriate.
- Produce the monthly QC reports. Provide analysis of the QC findings, both current month and trending.
- Collaborates with departments to develop specific metrics, action plans and help identify best practices and guidelines necessary to maintain high quality standards.
- Manages the employees on the QC team, which may include contractors/vendors.
- Owner and editor of the Quality Control Plan manual, work with counsel as needed to ensure it remains current and compliant.
- Keeps abreast of day-to-day policy, procedure, and SBA SOP changes.
- Works with Compliance Management and/or counsel to ensure SBA Lending portion of Compliance Policy and Procedures manuals are current, as needed.
- Designs, develops and implements quality control training programs/processes.
- Partners with the Compliance Management to respond examinations by a regulator, Agency, investor or other counter-party. Assist with elements of the examination, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of current related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of SBA and USDA loans regulations and requirements
- Minimum of two years of lead/supervisory experience
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizational skills and time management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good understanding and knowledge of lending documentation and internal loan processes.
- Must demonstrate exceptional analytical, research, and critical thinking skills with a strong understanding of SBA and USDA industries.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must portray leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to review and analyze complex loan files