The Consumer Loan Program Manager is responsible for the development, planning and execution of consumer installment loan channel strategies to develop and grow the bank's Consumer Lending line of business. This includes accountability for all aspects of the product life cycle from identifying sales and growth opportunities through design and delivery. The position performs a broad set of activities to accelerate sustainable profit growth for the bank's installment loan portfolios. Primary responsibilities include maintaining successful partnerships with bank partners, identifying additional opportunities to increase the bank's earning assets, operations and financial projections, implementation and management, risk management, new product development, product enhancements, policy maintenance, market and competitive analysis, project execution, and management of external relationships. Also, he/she ensures new products and programs are launched and managed with a coordinated strategy that includes: system changes, training, competitive pricing including promotional pricing, sales strategies, and execution.
The Consumer Installment Loan Program Manager's key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives to meet established and strategic goals.
- Manage relationships with third party originators/servicers which include facilitating and overseeing loan activity.
- Ensures all loans comply with underwriting standards of the Bank.
- Address any issues/discrepancies with loan documentation received from loan originators. Verifies loan file is accurate and complete.
- In concert with Finance, develop financial projections for all new consumer installment loan programs
- Move quickly to identify, understand, and deliver solutions to address internal or external findings relating to consumer installment loans
- Conduct competitor research including industry, marketplace, and future trends, including both primary and secondary sources
- Deliver product performance analytics and reporting to management
- Ensure all consumer installment products and strategies are aligned and supporting the banks goals and philosophy
- Meet business line profit and growth goals
- Works with the Consumer Compliance Manager to ensure product, promotional campaigns and programs meet regulatory requirements
- Maintain a current knowledge of changing legislation and regulatory climate and recommend changes
Supervision of Personnel
- Oversees Underwriters/Loan administrators.
- Travel 20%
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent.
- 7 years' experience in the current consumer loan industry/ environment in either sales, operations, marketing, risk, or product capacity.
- Experience managing 3rd party origination/processor relationships.
- Proven track record in managing and driving consumer loan product growth
- Underwriting experience in a consumer lending role.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and research skills. Takes a logical approach to analyzing problems
- Very strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to leverage data to drive business performance
- Extensive knowledge of product/program development, pricing, implementation and strategic analysis
- Familiarity with consumer loan origination, operations, and risk methodologies
- Demonstrated internal and external relationship management skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Ability to adapt to and facilitate change
- Ability to multi-task, and work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office