The Universal Banker provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to new and existing customers through the processing of monetary and account-related transactions. This position is a hybrid role that requires the incumbent to operate in the dual capacity of Customer Service Representative (CSR) and Teller, providing Branch Management with the ability to deliver quality customer service at an enhanced level. The Universal Banker opens new accounts, processes monetary transactions, explains to customers the products and services that Apple Bank has to offer, resolves customer issues and builds relationships with customers based on trust. The Universal Banker recommends solutions based on customer needs, offering suitable bank products and services and will refer the customer to a licensed representative of ABS Associates of NY, Inc. when appropriate. This position acts as a full service, single point of contact at select branch locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional customer service by engaging clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Handles all aspects of teller operations.
- Processes transactions accurately, efficiently and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Establishes, retains, and deepens relationships with existing and potential customers to achieve team sales goals and provide quality customer service.
- Supports sales objectives and campaigns by recommending suitable bank products and services as well as making appropriate referrals to ABS Associates of NY, Inc.
- Maintains a detailed level of knowledge of banking products and services.
- Communicates all disclosures, rules and regulations covering transactions, as well as FDIC protection to customers upon the opening of new accounts.
- Meets all Teller and Customer Service Representative referral goals.
- Ensures accurate new account record keeping practices and performs corrective follow up on incomplete, incorrect, or outstanding signatures, social security numbers and identification in accordance with the Bank’s CIP program.
- Proves daily transactions within a reasonable time frame; safeguards cash and negotiable instruments assigned.
- Complies with all audit, regulatory, and security procedures, adhering to the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Performs additional duties as needed or requested.
- Displays willingness to be cross-trained in other branch functions.
- Assists with the preparation and completion of reports.
- Assists with the opening and closing of vault, safe, and ATM machine.
- Assists with the training of newly hired Tellers, Customer Service Representatives, and Universal Bankers.
- Maintains technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Ensures the customer area is kept orderly and properly supplied (deposit and withdrawal tickets, ATM envelopes, changing the rate boards, dates on writing desks, etc.)
- Works weekends and extended hours or at neighboring branch locations when needed.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have 1 year of experience each in the Teller and Universal Banker positions or prior banking experience required.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of the bank’s products and services
- Showcases an ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues.
- Exhibits an ability to present a confident and professional demeanor to customers.
- Displays excellent listening, communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and must be accurate.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask effectively; detail oriented.
- Displays professional telephone skills.
- Displays sound judgment and discretion when utilizing confidential information.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and computer skills.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.