Aerotek is hiring for multiple Underwriters for a client in Herndon, VA.
Please see below for a brief overview of the day to day operations for this position.
Day to day:
- Underwrite VA, FHA and Conventional Loans
- Analyze credit and credit reports independent of scoring systems to confirm loan eligibility
- Analyze exceptions and rejections; recommend alternative mortgage products better suited to the loan applicant - Basic research/review
- Approve mortgage loans and authorize loan disbursements based on a complete analysis of submitted documentation and applicable rules and regulations - Basic research/review
- Collaborate with managers and participate in mentoring sessions for Mortgage Processors, Mortgage Closers and Mortgage Loan Officers
- Collaborate with training team to maintain the on-line manual to ensure all guidelines are conveyed accurately and consistently
- Participates in determine the acceptability and marketability of the real estate property to ensure there is sufficient collateral to secure the loan
- Evaluate assets needed to close the loan and determine the acceptability and adherence to investor requirements
- Perform secondary review of loans that are suspended and/or declined
- Prepare and present counter-offers on marginal loans; prepare adverse action (loan disapproval) notifications, with awareness of the compliance provisions of the regulatory agencies
- Review and evaluate documents to ensure adherence to Navy Federal, NCUA, USPAP and all other relevant industry guidelines to ensure loan acceptance
- Review/understand effects of contracts related to real estate, such as age restrictions, HOAs, etc.
- Work closely and collaboratively with loan originator and processor to ensure all appropriate data is obtained
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.