Hiring now an Underwriter for a Financial/Mortgage Company
Location: Redlands, CA
Pay Rate: $60,000 - $90,000 + Bonus (based on experience)
Schedule: Ability to work OT
The Underwriter I is responsible for the prudent underwriting of loans in accordance with company and investor guidelines. They evaluate and verify applications, determining whether or not the borrower will be able to repay the loan.
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documentation to determine borrower and property meets loan standards.
- Complete a thorough risk analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor and FNMA/FHLMC guidelines and standards.
- Evaluate the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an 'investment' quality loan product.
- Check accuracy of all calculations.
- Recommend the loan disposition, for loan amounts in excess of authority limitation, to underwriting manager.
- Rejects loans by identifying and documenting deficiencies.
- Communicate decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Be available to processors and loan officers for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files.
- Possess sound knowledge of automated underwriting and guidelines.
- Perform related duties as directed by underwriting manager.
- Provide corrective action and held accountable for underwriting deficiencies.
- 1+ years of Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Ability to work overtime
- Experience with income ratios
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.