Classification: Treasury Analyst/Assistant Treasurer
Compensation: $100000.00 to $115000.00 yearly
We are seeking an Assistant Treasurer to join the Main Office based in Northwest Houston. To be successful in this role, candidates will have previous treasury experience, have a high degree of decision-making and organization.
The Assistant Treasurer oversees a critical process that includes cash management, daily cash deposits, collections, disbursements and management of treasury systems and processes.
1. Provide leadership to the Treasury Department’s day-to day operations which includes daily cash position, investment/redemption financial instruments, cash over/short discrepancies, domestic funds transfers, ACH maintenance and management of change orders for all store locations.
2. Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with internal departments including Accounting, Operations, Payroll, Human Resources, Information Technology and Loss Prevention to analyze and work proactively to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
3. Develop proper cash handling procedures for our restaurants and armored car services. Assist in managing armored car service and troubleshoot irregular operations and service.
4. Develop financial management tools to forecast the company’s cash and debt position. Identify opportunities to automate and improve existing cash management processes.
5. Maintain regular communication within the Accounting Department to provide guidance and advice regarding accounts payable, cash receipts and transaction processing.
6. Oversee and manage the company’s investment activity and ensure its effectiveness and adherence to company policy.
7. Reconcile general ledger accounts providing analysis and explanations for unusual items.
8. Assist in the annual year-end external audit.
9. Continually monitor interest income opportunities and interest expense forecasts.
10. Maintain and expand detail oriented and technical knowledge.
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience directly related to corporate treasury
• Highly organized, self-starter and capable of working efficiently with minimum supervision
• Exceptional leadership and staff development skills
• Experience utilizing ERP accounting systems
• Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills