About Our Transaction Advisory Services Practice
Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a challenging, rewarding, and entrepreneurial opportunity for individuals to improve their skill set and career trajectory while advising companies across numerous industries through their transaction process. The TAS practice is part of a larger Advisory practice.This is not your typical CPA firm experience.
- They have created a unique CPA firm culture where WORK-LIFE BALANCE is embraced - working remotely is very common.
- Developed innovative programs, pioneered new technology, and empower its employees to pursue their interests and passions.
- Named a 2018 'Best Places to Work' by the Los Angeles Business Journal, our eighth time winning since 2008, our CPA Firm affiliate provides an environment where talented and career-minded individuals can grow personally and professionally.
- Join the team of Ex-Big 4 (Partners, Managers & Senior Tax) who made the transition and have found true happiness in their career.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction engagements with corporate entities, investment bankers, private equity firms and strategic corporate buyers
- Guide clients on EBITDA adjustments and considerations, and prepare schedules of adjustments for inclusion in pricing negotiations to assist in driving value
- Prepare Quality of Earnings reports including commentary on business background, accounting function and processes, business performance and investor insights
- Review operating and financial metrics, prepare an analysis of relevant metrics including graphs, charts, and associated commentary
- Manage client projects, workloads, and deliverables across numerous engagements, communicating priority items and status internally and externally
- Conduct audit style testing procedures around key accounting concepts to validate or adjust if needed
- Comment on balance sheet key items, working capital drivers and fluctuations, debt and debt-like items analyses
- Analyze the financial operations of target companies and identify issues that may impact the purchase price
- Some travel may be required (up to 30%), subject to Pandemic consideration
Experience, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 4+ years at a large or mid-tier accounting or advisory firm
- Of which at least 2+ years in Transaction Advisory
- Strong accounting and diligence knowledge
- Strong project execution skills and client deliverable experience
- Takes ownership of assignment planning, management, and delivery
- Delivers high-quality work under pressure in a high-pressure environment
- Plans and presents well-organized work product
- CPA (or equivalent) strongly preferred
- Exceptional analytical and communication (written and oral) skills required
- Demonstrates strong analytical and financial modeling skills, and uses logical reasoning and strong communication to achieve buy-in on methodology and approach. This is reflected through strong Excel, PowerPoint and report writing skills
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of technical principles, theory and practice, and an ability to apply these appropriately in the context of a transaction and specifically Quality of Earnings projects
- Applies knowledge of the client's industry when scoping and completing assignments, including questioning clients and holding discussions with investment bankers and prospective investors
- Identifies and resolves a wide variety of technical problems, by distilling the data, considering client specifics and applying reasonable and best practices to reach conclusions
- Proven ability to use research skills to solve problems. Considers a variety of options and opinions before making appropriate decisions
- Has the ability to generate workable new ideas and creative solutions
- Seeks to improve skills through self-development