ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
The KeyBank Mortgage (KBM) Telesales Loan Officer is as an inbound mortgage consultant who develops relationships with KeyBank clients who are seeking a new mortgage loan or are looking to refinance their existing loan. The KBM Telesales Loan Officer is dedicated to receiving referrals and inquiries from our Centralized Mortgage Sales Team (CMS) as well as directly from our KeyBank branch customers. This person is responsible for converting customer calls (leads) into registrations and ultimately closing mortgage loans. This person will also be responsible for cross selling other KeyBank products and services, and will serve as a central point of contact with borrowers from application through closing. The KBM Telesales Loan Officer is responsible for consulting with customers to indentify needs, provide financial solutions through the most suitable product(s) available and exercise independent judgment to qualify customers. There could be times when the KBM Telesales Loan Officer will be asked to directly cover a POD or Pods which can consist of up to 5 retail branches per POD within our 14 state bank branch footprint. This person is expected to proactively work with our retail branch partners, supporting our customers mortgage needs throughout the bank.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Originate mortgage loans from inbound referral leads provided by KeyBank.
- Understand and articulate financial calculations and current rate/pricing.
- Educate customers on available loan products with the ability to effectively cross- sell other bank products.
- Ability to explain the characteristics and eligibility requirements of various loan programs and government guidelines in order to determine the appropriate loan programs that meet the customers financial needs.
- Manages client referral and cross sell process ensuring all new customers are introduced to local Key Centers.
- Use computer systems to capture customer information, maintain product knowledge, register loans effectively, manage pipeline and submit cross- sell referrals.
- Partner with our third- party operations team to ensure seamless transfer of file. Gather appropriate documentation and communicate with customers during the loan process.
- Apply excellent follow- up skills to ensure targeted conversion rates are achieved.
- Communicate in a clear, concise , organized and professional manner.
- Ability to sustain a high level of performance daily is essential for success.
- Work collaboratively in team environment to achieve team, department, and line of business commitments.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to sales, regulatory compliance, quality, and client contact.
- Display consultative selling skills to build rapport, strengthen and expand client relationships.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of KeyBank's products and services.
- Consistently deliver distinctive client service that is knowledgeable, empathetic, patient, prompt, and courteous.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two years of experience in mortgage sales.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and organizing workflow.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge and experience in Windows environment. Knowledge of CE Desktop and CBD is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience requiring multi- tasking and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and resolving client issues/concerns.
- Ability to work flexible shifts.
- Previous mortgage experience in processing, underwriting and closing would be a plus.
Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.