•*THIS POSITIONS REQUIRES FLEX START TIME FROM 8:30AM-11AM; ALONG WITH ROTATING WEEKEND HOURS**
The Telephone Banker will be responsible for the timely and accurate servicing of bank customers via different avenues, which includes but may not be limited inbound telephone contact. The incumbent will provide a high level of customer service by giving prompt, accurate and efficient service while maximizing cross-selling and up-selling opportunities. This role will also provide customer service and answer questions concerning all deposit and loan accounts, certificates of deposit, IRAs, etc.; will refer the inquiries of customers and prospects regarding other banking products and services to the appropriate department.
More senior bankers may be responsible for providing assistance to team members (such as training, explaining a process or procedure; and/or instant messaging assistance); the incumbent may also be responsible for assorted miscellaneous tasks and projects; as well as handling escalated calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
• Services bank products such as checking, savings and certificates of deposit accounts, IRAs, loan products, and all other auxiliary banking services. Identifies opportunities to cross sell complimentary products in accordance with Telephone Banking (TB) policy and procedures; documents the cross sale per procedures.
• Proactively interviews customers to ensure exact understanding of the customer need or what they are requesting to ensure proper response.
• Resolves customer problems, obtains information, researches records and follows up on details to resolve business at hand to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Asks probing questions of customers or internal resources to obtain information pertinent to the inquiry, researches records and follows up on details to resolve customer issue to the customer’s satisfaction and within department timeframes.
• Focuses on individual and department goals which include number of calls answered, cross sells, call monitoring, etc. This includes referrals of revenue producing products to other departments such as Commercial Banking, Treasury Management, Investments and Banking Centers. Telephone Bankers are responsible for attaining established monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance measurements determined by Telephone Banking Center Manager.
• Strong team player with a positive, encouraging attitude to promote a strong team environment.
• Meets goals and objectives set by the Telephone Banking Centers Critical Success Factors and Incentive program.
• May be responsible for specialized services such as Internet Banking enrollments and Web submissions.
• More senior bankers may be responsible for corresponding with customers in writing at the same time handling calls from customers.
• More senior bankers may be responsible to assist other team members with complex inquiries; takes escalated calls and assist fellow bankers through the use of instant messaging.
• Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
• Continuously supports the Bank’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
• Levels I: This position has no direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities.
• Level II and III: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may be asked to lead the work of others including, but not limited to, guiding and training newer/less experienced team members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
Associates degree from a two-year college or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; and required years of experience for level; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• TB I: one year related Call Center or Banking experience and/or training;
• TB II: two years related Call Center or Banking experience and/or training;
• TBIII: three years related Call Center or Banking experience and/or training;
Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed.
Job –Specific Knowledge
• Branch Transactions Management - Knowledge of teller transactions, cash organization, asset protection, and all other banking products and services to respond to all customer inquiries. Knowledge of branch operational procedures, policies and norms.
• Customer Service - Highly professional demeanor with excellent telephone skills and etiquette. Utilizes various interpersonal styles and communication methods to positively assist and influence customers. Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction. Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
• Sales – proven selling and negotiating skills with effective sales ability and persuasiveness and marketing techniques. Demonstrates knowledge in the following skills: client interviewing, sales, cross selling, consultative sales, proposals preparation, and presentation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Basic knowledge user of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Thorough knowledge of software applications applicable to position/business unit.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
• Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
• Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
Time Management Skills
• Demonstrates follow-up skills.
• Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
• Good multi-tasking skills and be able to function under pressure.
• Self-motivated. Team-oriented.
• Consults with Team members and management as needed to complete assigned responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to sit.
• Spends most of day on phone
• Call center environment with higher noise level.
• Job is always fast-paced and deadline sensitive.
Hours of Work
• Extended hours which may include nights and weekends.
Candidates must able to work a flexible schedule including some Saturdays and or Sundays.
MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening