Group is looking for a technical analyst who acts as a liaison between the Client-application areas and this group for the enhancement and creation of reusable business services (aka web-services).
- Responsible for coordinating business and technical requirements (not authoring but influencing, helping) .
- Maintains the Detailed Specifications defining the scope of the functions to be implemented by the middle-tier applications owned by this group:
o The specifications follow a standard format that includes: detailed level Use Cases documenting the control flow; business rules describing the logic encapsulated by the steps of the use case; data transformations to the interfaces supported by the back-end databases; and definitions of the interfaces the middle-tier provides to the Client applications.
o These specifications serve multiple audiences: developers for coding direction; testing teams to build test cases; and Client-application developers for understanding the behavior and interface of the middle-tier functions.
o Conducts document review meetings with each audience to ensure that the service specifications are accurate and clear.
- Develops knowledge of the functions supported by the middle-tier by becoming familiar with the groups published service specifications.
- Walks through the specifications with new Client applications intending to reuse functions already implemented in the middle-tier.
- Creates Functional System Design documents (FSD) identifying the impact to the components of the middle-tier application for each project.
- Conducts document review meetings with business sponsor and other affected applications to ensure common understanding of the scope of changes to the middle-tier required for the project.
- Works on multiple concurrent projects in various stages of the development lifecycle and across different business processes.
- In Agile projects, participates in User-Story grooming and sprints to frame the changes in the business-service application, and creates/updates the technical specs for them.
Required skills: - College degree - Experience working as a technical analyst defining detailed level requirements for a system and its interactions with other applications.
- 4 years tech experience in business analysis and systems design. - Must have strong and effective communication skills.
- Should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills - Must be a quick thinker, learner who is also willing to share what they learn with the rest of the team.
- A good team player who can collaborate and work closely with multiple functional groups.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stringent timelines within a strong, high energy team environment
- Experience with both Waterfall SDLC and Agile/Scrum practices, Preferred Skills:
- Experience with reusable business services (WSDL and XML schemas, or JSON/RESTful services)
- Analyzing financial industry business processes - Writing complex technical specifications detailing data transformations, business rules and flow of control;
- Designing distributed systems including defining interfaces between applications
W2 only please- we can not work with a C2C
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.