The Technical Support Desk Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing, evaluating and documenting resolution of highly complex incidents and problems ranging from operating systems, software and Banking Applications. Will also be responsible for ensuring that incidents and problems are resolved/completed within SLA while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Additionally this role will be responsible for promoting adherence to the technology framework approved by the bank.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform desktop support service for clients
- Manage workflow and service requests through ticketing system
- Asset tracking and deployment of desktops and laptops
- Software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for end users
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex high-level problems.
- Identification and recommendation of process improvements
- Perform administration tasks with Windows AD network accounts.
- Stay abreast of new technologies
- Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to their respective Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Functional Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required.
Minimum Education and /or Certifications:
Associate Degree in Computer Science or Management Info Systems or equivalent experience.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum two years’ experience in a technical support role is required.
Technical and/or Essential Knowledge:
- Previous experience with Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced and MS PowerPoint Level II required.
- Technical – Conceptual knowledge of programming, AS/400 utilities and core banking processes and applications, knowledge of network and voice communications system, and working knowledge of computer networks and languages.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to focus on new problems and determine solutions in a timely, efficient and unobtrusive manner.
- Organizational – Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Attention to detail – Ability to accurately maintain records of progress and final resolution.
- Communication – Ability to communicate to resolve issues of moderate complexity. Communicate well with users. Leadership – Ability to work productively both in team environment and independently. Act as supervising assistant to Problem Management resolving groups.
70% of the time sitting at a desk utilizing a computer. 20% walking to and from other departments. 10% chairing attending meetings required.
Banking, Information Technology