National Cash Automation (NCA), the Federal Reserve Cash Product Office’s support team, is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Federal Reserve System’s cash operations suite of automation solutions. NCA has a Technical Analyst position with various responsibilities aimed at supporting the Cash Product Office. Determination of the individual’s position title will be commensurate with their level of expertise in one or more of the associated areas, prior working experience, and job responsibilities/expectations.
Utilizes highly specific technical skills to identify and troubleshoot technical issues with multiple electronic access platforms including software and hardware issues in support of end users. Provides analysis on software defects and recommends mitigation strategies or remedies to management. Participates in the planning and implementation for Bank or System automation projects. Requires working a 24/7 on call situation at times and the ability to work effectively in high stress situations.
1. Provides tier 1 technical support to end-user community for problems related to software features and functionality, database issues, data communication and processing errors, via telephone, email, text and live chat.
2. Performs technical troubleshooting and analysis on multiple integrated systems, including diagnostic approaches, determining root causes and identifying solutions.
3. May provide low to moderate subject matter expertise for Cash applications third party products and utilities used to support enterprise wide applications.
4. Proactively and effectively participates in NCA initiatives and project activities as assigned by participating in application testing, document creation, issues resolution coordination, communication responsibilities, requirements gathering, and risk review determination.
5. Works with peers by reporting out and listening to issue resolution processes to enhance performance through education. This is bi-directional education as a learner and as an educator.
6. Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are consistently made within reason and affect the production operational work of Cash Office teams or departments.
7. Resolves customer issues or recognizes need to escalate more complex issues to technical, operations, and/or management teams.
8. Assumes ownership of customer issues and follows-up on issues not resolved with first contact.
9. Understands complex transaction, batch, and file processing flows.
10. Contributes to and maintains the customer support function operational knowledgebase.
11. Accurately and thoroughly document end-user interactions into the automated call logging tools for tracking and productivity purposes.
12. Works directly with development teams and technicians from federal agencies to resolve low to moderately complex third party interfacing system technical issues.
13. Develops strategies and participates in testing that ensures application functionality pre and post patches, releases, and upgrades; recruiting test participates, coordination and facilitating testing activities and analyzing and communication of results.
14. Coordinates the information flow between customers, business owners and development staff. Coordinates tasks, functional reviews and application development sessions between the development site and technical work groups ensuring steps are executed timely.
15. Maintains project and application information including schedule, system scope, requirements and other pertinent documentation.
16. Validates proposed technical approaches to system or application problem logs and makes recommendation for mediation to management.
17. May assists with new hire integration training by conducting on-the-job training.
18. Develops SME skills in one or two systems, services, or processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical Analyst II: a minimum of 4+ years of related work experience
- Technical Analyst III: minimum of 6+ years of related work experience
Knowledge Areas - Intermediate Level
• Performing independent research and analysis, and develop sound recommendations
• Operating systems, browsers, Internet navigation, computer hardware and software including SQL, Oracle, business objects, and authentication or security technologies
• Moderately complex procedures and practices of a specific function, service or related department, i.e., Cash, Accounting
• Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Proficient with SQL
• Experience with Tableau
Skill Areas - Intermediate Level
• Verbal communication
• Written communication
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to work effectively in high-stress situations and a fast-paced environment
• Managing a high volume of repetitive customer contacts
• Reading and comprehending low to moderately complex technical documentation
• Demonstrated ability to communicate low to moderately complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong analytical, multitasking, and time management
• Ability to work effectively in a highly matrix or virtual organization
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
• Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Addendum as needed: Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
• Must be able to work multiple shifts, nights, weekends and holidays to meet customer, vendor and project needs.
• Required to provide rotational on-call support for issue and project handling; after-hours, weekends and holidays.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.