Publicly traded company located in the Loop is seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting/Financial Reporting to join their growing Accounting and Finance department. This company is a powerhouse in their field and offers career growth and fantastic benefits. This individual will manage a small team and oversee aspects of technical accounting and assist in external reporting. This role will gain exposure to a variety of accounting work, is a key factor in the accounting department, and will have a lot of high-level exposure. If you are looking to join a well-respected, stable company where you can grow your career within this is the place for you!
Why work for the company:
• Dynamic/all-encompassing role- ability to expand skills and prepare for next step in career
• Big on promoting from one- helping you get to where you want to be with your career
• Unlimited PTO
• Casual environment
• Company is growing like crazy, even during Covid
• Start-up feel, but publicly traded- so things are not siloed. Very exciting time to be a part of the company
• Young, energetic, and driven team
• Great opportunity to make an impact
• Working remote until 2021
Primary Responsibilities of the Manager of Technical Accounting/Financial Reporting:
• Interprets complex problems and solves them through established procedures (i.e., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)) relating to revenue recognition and internally developed software and leases. Makes recommendations to executive management for action or changes to established methods. Adapts known methods to new situations as business needs change. Conducts technical research and analysis of accounting treatment.
• Purchase Accounting
• Assist external reporting team with footnote disclosures, and MDA.
• Assist to develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with internal controls related to global accounting policies and new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB and the SEC
• Research and draft position papers on technical accounting issues. Remain current on pending accounting guidance, evaluating the financial implications of proposed/new accounting pronouncements.
• Ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over our financial reporting process.
• Continuously strive to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls.
• Provide support for ad-hoc projects, primarily related to MA, systems implementations and revenue.
Specific requirements for the Manager of Technical Accounting and Reporting include:
• B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
• 6+ years relevant experience, at least 3+yrs experience at a Big 4 or Mid-tier public accounting firm
• Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules and standards.