Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
It is an exciting time for our fast-growing OTC Hotel Accounting Department. As the Team Lead, you will work with the Manager to handle collections, dispute resolution, as well as monitoring advance payments, and cashier activities. We will depend on you to craft a process that supports research and dispute resolution, the posting of adjusting entries as needed (with sufficient controls) and the creation of standards for tracking unresolved payments, documentation and collection files. Through creative mentoring and stimulating training, you will improve the proficiency and camaraderie of the Revenue Accounting Team Members to an optimal level.
More specifically, you will:
- Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, third party collector, auditors, valuation specialists, and software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is accurately compiled and reviewed.
- Improve positive client partnerships by resolving their concerns and raising to leadership as necessary.
- Create new and support existing departmental special initiatives.
- Build collaborative connections with property teams to obtain the necessary input to resolve disputes. This includes supervising department members when adjustments are required and maintaining documentation in collections files.
- Manage the process to follow up on delinquent payments from group master and convention related billings.
- Build and maintain OTC Hotel Accounting Desktop Procedures, ensuring that key tasks are properly documented.
- Confirm compliance with the standard for maintaining documentation of disputes and related outcomes. This involves performing compliance duties such as the set-up and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal departments.
- Collaborate with the Manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project and department goals.
- Research and respond to information requests, attend meetings, and share results/reports with internal partners and management.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Dynamic critical thinkers that use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Expertly exercises good judgment and business insight to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Upbeat interpersonal communicators with a high degree of flexibility and awareness
- Self-starters, who take initiative and maintain composure under time constraints to effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Colleagues, who strive to quickly learn new programs when required
- Passionate about understanding principles and the practical application of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley regulations, and standard operating procedures (SOPs), coupled with the capability to report a clear and accurate analysis of results to partners at all levels
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma/GED with five (5) years of related experience in a professional Accounting setting
- One (1) year of supervisory experience in a professional Accounting setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Seven (7) years of professional Accounting experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in a professional Accounting setting
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!