If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Taxation Analyst ensures accurate tax reporting for Disability Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, and Producer Commissions. Analyzes group taxation structures and administrates claimant tax rate data within the Tax Rate Service. Evaluates and fulfills requests to correct tax reporting issued in error. Provides expertise to internal and external partners on low to moderately complex taxation topics. Contributes to Tax Knowledge documentation. Participates in small to medium scope operational improvement initiatives or projects. Build a network of contacts inside The Standard to share best practices and solve problems.
- Provide expertise in response to tax related inquiries from multiple internal departments
- Analyze taxation structures for group insurance customers; calculate taxability rates for complex groups; load and administrate data to the Claimant Tax Rate Service
- Performs controls to ensure accuracy of year-end tax reporting (e.g. reconciliations, manual adjustments, etc…)
- Research assigned IRS and State Regulations; document findings and contribute content to Tax knowledge documentation
- Evaluate errors in tax reporting and issues corrected tax statements and reports where applicable
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement of departmental processes
- Build a network of internal contacts
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
Experience: 2-4 years of experience in accounting, tax, or group disability insurance, plus 1-2 years of experience researching and interpreting State & Federal regulatory topics or an equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Professional certification required: none
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.