The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Tax Specialist for our client located in the Glenview, IL area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 9 am - 6 pm
Provides internal and external customer service through timely research and preparation of requested/necessary amended payroll tax returns and ensure the accuracy of our customers’ federal, state and local filings.
- Provides internal and external customer service through timely research and preparation of requested/necessary amended payroll tax returns and ensure the accuracy of our customers’ federal, state and local filings.
- Prepares amended tax returns using 1099, internal software, Bloomberg BNA, or MasterTax systems to ensure accuracy of customer’s payroll tax filings.
- Enters and processes payroll adjustments in our system to update quarter-to-date and year-to-date wage and tax information for current year amended returns to ensure YTD data integrity.
- Researches tax amendments based on information provided by customers and partners in other departments, and make appropriate recommendations and any necessary tax filing changes.
- Updates cases with appropriate status of the amended returns, entering comments/notes, and attaching completed amended returns to document work done, resent to the client and filed with the appropriate agency.
- Speaks with Customer Care staff members and/or directly with clients to gather necessary information and clarify inconsistent data needed to update any tax issues.
- Maintains our SLA (service level agreements) goal of 2-week turnaround time for the department to amend and return any findings to the client.
- Provide accurate, quality work, measured by having no more than 1% amendment rejection rate as measured by the department leadership.
- Provides insights into systemic payroll operational issues to the product management and technology teams to ensure fixes are made to avoid future taxation issues.
- May take incoming customer calls in the Customer Care queue as needed during peak periods such as year end
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent required.
- BA or BS is preferred.
- 2+ years of payroll processing, payroll tax or payroll analyst experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification or Certified Public Accountant certification, or degree in accounting is a plus.