Corporate Tax Manager
About the Company:
Our client is a regional public accounting leader and due to growth is now looking to hire a Tax Manager in the Greater Tampa Bay area. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, autonomy to run their desk, flexibility with great benefits, and provides the tools and training necessary to excel in the organization.
Job Responsibilities of the Tax Manager:
- Lead and manage multiple clients to integrate tax efficiency with long‐term tax planning strategies.
- Presenting federal and state income tax returns and explaining tax strategies to our engagement team and often our clients.
- Work with all types of business entities including corporations (C, S, LLC), partnerships, trusts, estates, fiduciary, exempt organizations and foundations.
- Identify industry/client tax planning opportunities and issues.
- Facilitate complex tax research, working with outside tax specialty law firms and establish tax strategies in response to client business opportunities.
- Advise on IRS and state issues.
- Respond to correspondence and audits.
- Direct correspondence with the client(s), and preparation of internal memos.
- Primarily reviewing tax returns and sometimes preparing tax returns when appropriate.
- Assisting with interim tax projections and year end closeouts.
- Handling tax notices, property tax situations, sales and use tax audits, business tax audits, etc.
- Implementing tax advice to respond to new legislation and planning.