We are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our company's state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state and federal tax law. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures.
Responsibilities for Tax Manager
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the company's accounting firm.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various external audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
Qualifications for Tax Manager
- Extensive corporate tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
If qualified, please forward resume directly for consideration.
Local candidates only!
Please check out ALL of our job openings at: https://lnkd.in/gJ8hKSF
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 74076 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.