Tax Manager (BW28013)
Our client is a large manufacturing company that is a recognized leader in their industry. They are currently looking for a Tax Manager to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, excellent benefits and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for tax matters in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Tax Manager will establish and manage corporate tax related procedures and documentation.
- Overall responsibility for US consolidated income tax return, including review and/or preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns, estimates and extensions. Ensure adequate file documentation.
- Preparation and oversight of US GAAP world-wide tax provision ensuring compliance with ASC 740.
- Assist VP with federal and state income tax audits. Activities may include gathering information needed to respond to information requests, drafting responses, researching issues and recommending positions.
- Assist VP with tax research and planning projects.
- Assist VP with acquisitions focusing on US implications of transaction and structuring options
- Assist in managing the company’s global tax planning and transactional tax issues, including review of tax implications related expansion of global markets.
- Keep abreast of developments in the U.S. tax area. Keep VP updated on developments and evaluate the impact and identify planning opportunities. Recommend changes in policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Supervise overall indirect tax process including Sales & Use taxes, outsourcing relationships with providers covering personal property tax, business licenses and annual reports.
- Work with other business departments to assure accounting, tax and legal requirements are met.
- Supervise, develop, train and motivate staff.
- The Tax Manager will perform other projects and analysis as needed.