Our client leads the world in supplier management innovation. They have revolutionized recovery audit with advanced analytics, and they introduced the first strike overpayment and fraud prevention software. With experts covering 98 percent of global trade they are known for valuing performance, honoring diversity, and giving back to the community. They are a certified Great Place to Work!
The Tax Director will work remotely and determine proper taxability of transactions to develop tax refund claims and present recommendations to over 250 clients in the Fortune 500 and Global 2000.
The Tax Director will be responsible for completing engagements and maintaining a professional relationship with clients, vendors, and taxing authorities.
Our client offers competitive compensation packages with tailored bonus plans and generous benefits that include health and insurance plans, generous PTO plan, 401k, flexible schedules, wellness programs, paid community hours and MORE!
Company Core Values:
Our clients culture drives everything! They believe in your performance, respect, candor, and fun. Performance is measured by delivery to each client with trust and partnership. Sincere respect for each other, open and honest relationships, and FUN is a MUST! Are you hungry, humble, and continuously thinking of new way to learn and improve?
- Research client sales & use tax data to target potential opportunities
- Determine the proper application of sales & use tax laws to specific transactions
- Provide documentation to clients, vendors, and taxing authorities
- Prepares refund claim packages and corrective action recommendations for timely submissions
- Develops and maintains effective and productive relationships with clients, vendors, and taxing authorities
- Provides support for field operations related to sales & use tax issues and questions
- Five to seven years of sales & use tax experience in a corporate tax department, public accounting, government agency or consulting organization
- Proven ability to determine the proper application of multi-state sales & use tax laws to specific transactions
- Previous experience recovering sales & use tax overpayments from various states and/or vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- CMI-Sales and Use Tax – preferred
- CPA - preferred
Category Code: JN001, JN005