The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Tax Analyst for our client located in the Rochester, NY area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8 am - 5 pm
Provides support to Federal Tax Manager for all tax compliance and tax provision matters.
- Researches federal income tax issues and manages abandoned/unclaimed property compliance.
- Supports Federal Tax Manager with all tax compliance responsibilities to ensure timely and accurate compliance with U.S. Federal income tax laws.
- Preparation of book-to-tax adjustments and work papers, preparation of pro forma and consolidated federal tax compliance (quarterly estimates and year-end), calculation and processing of intercompany service fees (as needed), analysis of provision-to-return differences, and administration of CorpTax and other tax software.
- Supports Federal Tax Manager with all accounting for income tax responsibilities to ensure timely and accurate compliance with interim and year-end U.S. Reconciliation of income tax accounts, preparation of current and deferred tax models and related work papers, analysis of account variances, and execution of internal controls over financial reporting for income taxes (Sarbanes-Oxley compliance).
- Reviews and provides technical guidance for Oracle tax fixed asset calculations to ensure tax depreciation is properly computed and accounted for in the tax compliance and tax provision processes.
- Performs research on federal tax compliance and tax planning issues in order to identify/mitigate federal tax risks and optimize the Company’s income tax profile. Plans and manages the Company’s abandoned and unclaimed property (AUP) compliance and audits to ensure all abandoned/unclaimed property is properly escheated to relevant state agencies.
- Supports Federal Tax Manager in assessing the federal tax implications of business development activity, IRS audits, and other special projects to ensure the Company’s compliance with federal tax and U.S.
- Assists Sr Tax Analyst – State and Local with preparing and reviewing state tax returns and supporting state tax audit activity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred
- 2 years of experience in abandoned/unclaimed property tax compliance experience preferred
- 5 Years of experience in cumulative tax compliance and accounting for income taxes experience required