Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As a Tax Analyst of Tax Operations, we count on you to assist in the preparation and analyzation of the federal and state compliance for the company's domestic and international entities. You play a meaningful role in ensuring that compliance is:
- technically and mathematically accurate and all proper disclosures are completed
- compliance files are thoroughly and contemporaneously documented and are maintained in IRS and State audit ready format
- conducive to support the accounting for income taxes in accordance with GAAP (ASC 740) and IFRS (if and when implemented)
More specifically, you will:
- Complete the reporting of international activity as required for the US Tax Compliance (Forms 1120, 8858, and 5471).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the US Internal Revenue Code, and have the ability to research, understand, and document tax technical positions utilizing research software (i.e., RIA, CCH, BNA).
- Support the Audit Controversy team with our audits by providing mentorship and assistance as needed.
- Assist the team in the design and implementation of operational improvements, which will lead to the acceleration of processes, while maintaining the accuracy of calculations and the strength of internal controls.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and organized teammates who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions
- Accountable individuals, who make excellent use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements
- Persuasive communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Corporate or public accounting experience in the area of income tax
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, corporate financials (i.e., PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Experience with corporate tax software systems, such as Corptax or OneSource
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, specifically those relating to tax reporting (i.e., FAS 109, FIN48) and Internal Revenue Code
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Two (2) years corporate or public accounting experience in the area of income tax
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license
- Experience in hospitality
- Familiarity with US GAAP, specifically those relating to tax reporting (i.e., FAS 109, FIN48, FAS 5, FAS 123R)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!