Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Tax Analyst, International Tax Reporting, you will be responsible for the preparation of Hilton's US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) financial accounting and reporting requirements for Non-US income taxes. You will demonstrate knowledge of the rules governing accounting for income taxes under ASC 740, as well as US corporate income tax principles. Are you a problem solver who is flexible and creative in finding solutions? This position requires awareness of all deadlines and the ability to establish work plans to facilitate timely completion of assignments. Furthermore, you will collaborate with a team of tax professionals in the US and in the United Kingdom to complete your job requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Prepare and analyze non-US tax provisions and true-ups.
- Prepare non-US income tax payable reconciliations and related reporting.
- Assist with data collection and tax calculations for foreign jurisdictions to meet US GAAP standards.
- Collaborate with the global tax teams to support efficient tax reporting processes.
- Assist in the preparation of the company's foreign creditable tax position.
- Maintain IRS exam-ready supporting documentation for all creditable taxes.
- Follow entity changes across non-US jurisdictions, maintain and update the entity master.
- Monitor non-US tax law changes across jurisdictions to analyze and communicate the US GAAP tax accounting implications.
- Engage in ad hoc projects as assigned.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Reciprocal and organized teammates, who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions
- Accountable individuals, who make excellent use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements
- Persuasive communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- One to two (1-2) years of corporate or public accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- General understanding of the Internal Revenue Code
- Experience with the preparation of US corporate income tax returns
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Working knowledge of ASC 740, including balance sheet-focused analysis of deferred tax items
- Proficiency in corporate financial systems (i.e., HFM, PeopleSoft)
- Experience with tax provision software (ONESOURCE preferred)
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Proficiency with researching new transactions then documenting and communicating findings
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!