A CRG client in the Greenboro, Winston Salem, High Point, NC area is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their growing team.
The Accounting Manager will stay current on the accounting standards applicable to their area of specialization. These standards include frequently changing tax laws, general accepted accounting principles, GAAP, and generally accepted auditing standards, GAAS. They will be comfortable with software products that are applicable to their area of expertise. The Accounting Manager will have various accounting duties based on their expertise and firm focus which include compiling information for financial reports, payroll reports, sales tax reports and personal, and corporate tax returns. They will also maintain confidentiality of client's sensitive information and follow a strict code of ethics, and demonstrate this in all client interactions regarding tax and financial advice. This role will also assist in managing and marketing the firm.
Requirements: CPA licensure, Accounting experience in area of expertise based on firm needs. Independently maintains CPE requirements.
People Skills: Positive attitude; Approachable, Good Listener, Adaptability
Communication Skills: Communicates with confidence; Good telephone etiquette; Speaks clearly and is easily understood
- Responsible for supportive bookkeeping for various clients.
- Provides QuickBooks education to clients as necessary.
- Responsible for making adjusted journal entries as needed to reconcile accounts.
- Responsible for organizing client information into clear usable information.
- Manages payroll information for various clients and prepares payroll, payroll reports, W2 & W3 information.
- Prepares 1099 & 1098s as needed by various clients.
- Responsible for preparing sales tax reports.
- Responsible for preparing property tax listings.
- Responsible for preparing financial statements and compilations.
- Responsible for compiling client's information into a tax return.
- Analyzes financial information and makes appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Responsible for acting as account manager for specific clients and all the work done for that client.
- Responsible for supervision of accountant bookkeeping on assigned client accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of clients' information.
- Complies with office policies and procedures for processing, preparing and maintaining client projects.
- Responsible for development and/or implementation of new firm programs.
- Assists with community education and marketing of the firm.
- Manage staff and processes in satellite office.
- Must have the ability and desire to lead a team
- CPA license required
- Tax and compilation experience required
- Must possess strong communication and customer service skills
If you or someone you know is interested in this or any other accounting or finance jobs with CRG, please reach out to LaShawnna Shively at
Category Code: JN001