Tax Accountant I
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Tax Accountant I to join our team and provide a high level of support for the Tax department. You will gain exposure to corporate tax accounting and use your diligent work ethic to prepare and document various tax forms for the organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Prepare with new store set up required applications with various local and state taxing authorities.
Prepare the annual corporate registration renewal statements and maintain the files.
Prepare Sales & Use Tax and Property Tax returns for all entities and maintain the files.
Prepare tax accruals, including franchise, documentary stamp and loan tax entities.
Prepare the work papers for review for the Tax Fixed Asset Books and Leasehold Improvement Component Depreciation.
Participate in the quarterly escheatment process as directed by supervisor including researching applicable checks, preparing entry and preparation of due diligence letters.
Assist in the preparation of financial information for Business License and Tax forms.
Maintaining strong working relationships across the organization and demonstrating the ability to establish cooperation.
Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
Process all tax bills that are sent to Accounts Payable.
Scan all necessary documents on the Tax Drive.
Assist with keeping the Tax Compliance calendar up to date.
Assist Tax Accountant II and Tax Manager with any projects, as needed.
Collect and organize all Tax Department mail.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required from an accredited college or university
- 1 to 2 years of tax accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Previous Tax accounting experience needed (preferably for a multi-unit company)
- Must have intermediate Excel Skills and be able to navigate Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the store, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard.
- Working knowledge of a Mid-sized Accounting Software a plus
Learn More About Us
The Tax Accountant I will be a member of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more, visit us at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance.
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.