Job Title: Accountant (Supply Chain Controller)
Company: The CSI Companies
Location: Tampa, FL
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the SVP, Controller- Chief Accounting Officer
Duration: Open ended contract with potential to convert permanent
Reporting to the CAO, he or she will provide financial leadership by directing the global accounting supply chain activities to ensure accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions. He or she will assist with the safeguarding of the global control environment and also help provide oversight to line finance leaders. This person would build fundamental relationships with operational and finance leaders to ensure/develop a best in-class supply chain accounting/finance infrastructure that supports a rapidly growing company.
To be successful in this job, you must be a forward looking, proactive leader with business experience in increasingly complex businesses, across geographies and business channels.
This Visionary leader must be an experienced, collaborative accounting professional with the background and interpersonal skills sufficient to function successfully in a highly visible, growth-enabling and challenging position. Attention to detail, commercial engagement, a strong advisory style, and superior people leadership skills are important.
This position will focus on the following priorities (key contractor assistance):
- Assist with ensuring operations are in compliance with key accounting standards
- Ensure proper controls over inventory and inter-company movements (including domestic and international transfers)
- Develop and implement new cost standards as needed and advise on changes
- Provide accounting guidance, introducing cost transparency initiatives with holistic understanding of Inventory Accounting, overhead absorption, and related global processes as agreed and approved by the Controller’s Office
- Supports the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close function, including compliance requirements, to ensure a timely and accurate close. Also, ensure an open channel of communication exists during close with the Controller’s Office
- Help obtain and capture key responsibilities and functions of the exiting manager (assist with the transition of knowledge transfer)
- Help document any knowledge of FMS from the exiting manager
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in accounting or business finance
- CPA designation a major plus
- 10+ years’ practical accounting experience with a combination of public and private accounting background
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment Helpful
- Solid cost accounting foundation, previous plant controller/finance very desirable
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate and interact within all internal and external customers
A CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification is a plus for this role