The Legendary Hotel del Coronado islooking for a Accounts Receivable Supervisor to join our dynamic Accounting& Finance Department.
Consistently named as one of the 100best companies to work for by Fortune magazine and Great Places To Work®, wewere recently named the #1 workplace for Parents as well as the #1 workplacefor Diversity.
What will I be doing?
As an Accounts Receivable Supervisor,you would be responsible for providing billing support to department managersin the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service andfinancial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performingthe following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable Department
- Administers activities of accounts receivables including billing of accounts, preparation and mailing of statements, posting of payments, advanced deposits and refunds.
- Monitors, verifies and balances daily postings of room, food and beverage and other charges to proper accounts.
- Answers billing inquiries and resolve guest disputes.
Monitors transfers and all thecredit re-bill process, posting all payments and credits.
Prepares month end reconciliationprocess, prepare and distribute required hotel and corporate.
Trains, supervises, schedules andassists in evaluating staff.
- Protects hotels from undesirable debtors and collects on delinquent accounts.
- Listens to and communicates with guests, researches disputes, negotiates compromises, consults with managers for authorization of revenue allowance or explanation of denial and records information for input
- Reviews future groups to ensure proper credit has been established, obtains and verifies information on credit applications and maintains credit/deposit status in system.
- Assist with any other Accounting / Finance related duties as needed
- A minimum of 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years of Microsoft Excel experience is required
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!