Strategy and Implementation Support
The Strategy and Implementation Support will be responsible for supporting the Strategy and Implementation Manager with the comprehensive and end-to-end project management for Bank Secrecy Act ('BSA')/ Anti-Money Laundering ('AML') and Office of Foreign Assets Control ('OFAC') initiatives at Amerant Bank, N.A. and its subsidiaries, Amerant Investments, Inc. and Amerant Trust, N.A. (together, 'Amerant').
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform duties in accordance with Amerant's compliance governance documents.
- Provide support for all ongoing projects within the BSA Department, including but not limited to, independent testing and internal audit reviews and regulatory exams.
- Liaise with IT to implement technology solutions necessary for the efficient operation of the BSA Department.
- Support all internal and external exam management activities including coordination, communications, document retrieval, and response to inquiries as relates to BSA/AML and sanctions. Document management action plans and ownership, responsive to exam findings and track completion.
- Assist with coordination and tracking of regulatory requests and inquiries related to BSA/AML and sanctions.
- Assist with documenting and archiving exam, test or audit information and final results including any findings, orders and upgrades/ downgrades to Amerant's ratings because of BSA/AML or sanctions compliance issues.
- Facilitate logistics with examiners and regulators regarding onsite or offsite visits.
- Create and compile weekly, monthly or quarterly metrics, statistics, reports and pertinent information at the direction of BSA Department senior management for presentation to executive management and appropriate BSA/AML governance committee(s) relaying open and closed exam management related activities.
- Coordinate and track requests from the internal audit department.
- Distribute actions plans based on internal audit, the annual BSA/AML and OFAC risk assessment, and/or regulatory examination findings where appropriate. Coordinate completion with appropriate stakeholders across the impacted legal entity/ies.
- Track ongoing projects and communicate any issues and deadlines with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with development of project plans as needed to meet project goals, manage resources and meet deadlines.
- Document and archive project information and final deliverables.
- Provide updates and reporting, as needed, on all open and closed deliverables or projects.
- Track project post implementation reviews to completion.
- Possess strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results.
- Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Complete all required internal training and other optional external and internal trainings, as necessary.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and operational skill set of applicable Microsoft office suites.
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant internal systems, as applicable and necessary to perform duties.
- Comply with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Functional Skills & Knowledge:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be organized and able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and have the ability to manage change. Must possess basic business communication skills including advanced writing, listening and basic office and mathematics skills. Professional skills such as proposal and report writing effective presentation skills, ethics management and conducting effective meetings required. Must possess decision making, motivational and coaching skills. Strong use of MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint Advanced, Microsoft Access and Visio. Microsoft Project preferred.
Minimum Education and /or Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or relevant field; ACAMs or CRCM certification preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum three years in a project management or exam management position in the financial services industry, preferably in anti-money laundering compliance in an international banking environment. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Technical and/or Essential Knowledge:
Strong knowledge of applicable BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and compliance controls. Knowledge of banking financial principles, products and process involved in banking activities. Working knowledge of brokerage and trust company activities preferred.
Office environment. Sits at desk using a PC, and talking on the telephone