The Staff Internal Auditor will perform audit procedures as assigned by the Senior Internal Auditor or Internal Audit Manager to test and evaluate compliance with the company's policies and procedures and applicable mortgage and banking industry regulations. Applies risk and control concepts to situations encountered, identifies potential issues and develops recommendations for improvement to the company's control environment.
- Prepare written summaries of audit issues, memos and other written communications.
- Conduct interviews and meetings with business unit employees, including routine interaction with managers, external auditors, examiners and other third parties.
- Review operating procedures and identifies controls in business processes.
- Construct walk-through, process flows and narratives that convey a solid understanding of the operations, processes and systems being reviewed.
- Test the operating effectiveness of controls using sampling, analytical tools or data analysis. Re-performs certain control activities such as reconciliations.
- Document audit work performed adequately to support opinions and conclusions. Understands and complies with evidence and work-paper requirements.
- Create work products in an appropriate amount of time. Work is clear, concise and easy to follow. Work requires minimal review and only some rework is required.
- Exhibit an attitude that includes a questioning approach when considering information and forming conclusions.
- Strive to complete assignments within budgeted hours and by assigned due dates.
- Inform the senior auditor or audit manager of the status of assigned tasks and any changes to the expected completion date.
- Effectively question employees and managers, and summarize their responses in writing or verbally.
- Continually develops skills through training and/or relevant certification programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with regulatory compliance auditing, public accounting or internal auditing.
- Financial institution or mortgage industry experience preferred.
- Understands auditing standards and basic audit techniques.
- Understands accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrates initiative and ingenuity applying academic knowledge and past work experience to navigate unfamiliar territory or complex situations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other applicable software programs
- Knowledge of audit (ACL, Idea, etc.) or data mining software and mainframe computer applications preferred
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS ID 401285