The Staff Accountant is responsible for the monthly reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts and multiple payroll and operating bank accounts. The position is also responsible for monthly preparation of recurring and ad-hoc journal entries required for the monthly-end close. Other responsibilities include supporting the A/R teams in processing adjustments, assisting in the annual audit, and maintaining accounting documentation. A qualified candidate must have strong analytical skills and be able to get to the root cause of issues with moderate guidance, and must be extremely detailed oriented and organized. The individual also needs to be professional, accountable, and action-oriented.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis, including bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and various other assets and liabilities
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries
- Process accounts receivable adjustments
- Maintain accounting process documentation
- Assist with annual audit
Direct Supervisory or Management Responsibilities:
- B.S. in Accounting and 1-3 years of experience in the accounting field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience with PeopleSoft is preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to work through and solve problems
- Ability to take ownership of assigned duties
- Must demonstrate initiative, flexibility, innovation and urgency
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.