Summary: Responsible for Bank Reconciliations, gathering data, reconciling cash data, bank statements, coding invoices, scanning bank statements, reconciling restricted cash, accruals. Will train someone on their month end close (first 2 weeks of every month). They will also be responsible for calling bank & insurance reps and updating forms..
* Compiles and prepares external and internal financial data.
* Reviews accounting issues and procedures and makes recommendations regarding the implementation of accounting policies.
* Participates in the identification and development of analytical tools and reports to meet the needs of management.
* Works with internal auditors, insurance examiners, and external auditors to answer questions and provide backup.
* Maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers. Analyzes and reconciles accounts; researches cause of discrepancies and takes action to ensure accounts are balanced.
* Reviews, prepares and maintains standard accounting journal entries requiring some calculation of entries.
* Other duties include:
o Cash and investment accounting
o Account reconciliations
o Stop payments/reissues
o Cash flows
o Bank follow-up items - positive pay
o Statutory reporting
o Statutory deposit follow-up
o Investment committee meeting material preparation
o Performs additional duties as requested.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Mutual Fund, Investment, or Insurance Experience
- Oracle, Clearwater, and Excel experience are a plus.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.