Direct Hire Salary : $60,000-$70,000
Location: South West Charlotte
Summary: As the Staff Accountant your responsibilities will be to correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Verify source documents for accuracy, completeness and authorization
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts
- Retrieves system reports.
- Reconciles transactions, financial data, and other information
- Audit Preparation and support
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years GL Accounting experience (Reconciliations, Balance Sheet, P&L)
- Experience with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups)
Category Code: JN001