CSI Professional is actively seeking a Staff Accountant for a position with our client located in Richmond, VA. As a top Fortune 500 company, our client has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies ten years in a row. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading provider of healthcare business and operational services team! CSINASH
Schedule: Monday-Friday (normal business hours)
Location: Richmond, VA 23225
Pay: Market competitive based upon experience and education
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of operations and support of allocation to the hospitals.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Maintain General Ledger
- Prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support management in the review of monthly operating performance and allocation
- Compile monthly statistics and key indicators
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate personnel
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for all Balance Sheet accounts with particular emphasis on cash, including documentation to support all balances
- Accurately state reconciling items and investigate proper accounting transactions to clear them off the account. Assist in educating staff on the issues that are causing reconciling items to remain in the clearing accounts
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit, Hospital management and other internal management
- Ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirement.
- Minimum of two years of Accounting/Finance experience required.
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information.
- Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting.
For additional information, please apply!