CFS has paired with a health care institute located in Boston which brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
This Staff Accountant position is responsible for numerous general accounting functions that involve preparation, analysis, reconciliation, interpretation, and maintenance of the organization's general accounting records, internal and external financial reports and accounting policies and procedures. It provides assistance to management in the implementation of new or modified accounting systems and in the coordination and preparation for audits.
About the Organization Seeking a Staff Accountant:
- Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, they provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages
- They conduct research that advances treatment and educate tomorrow's physician/researchers
- This organization is very mission-driven and needs someone who is passionate not only about the numbers they are processing but the lives behind the numbers
About the Staff Accountant Role:
- Assist in the development, implementation and operation of systems, including the new Lease Accounting system to support the activities and goals of Financial Operations
- Work with IT and other pertinent departments to research and resolve data and system discrepancies
- Prepare sub-system reconciliations and Balance Sheet reconciliations and analyses, as required, to support the monthly general ledger closing process
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining DFCI's Project Costing (PC) and Asset Management (AM) modules of PeopleSoft Financials
- Plan, execute, and document a number of equipment inventories annually
- Responsible for providing detailed reconciliations and analyses for assigned duties and special projects
- Assist the manager in supporting the Insurance program, including the renewal process and providing certificates of Insurance as requested