Our client, a consulting firm in Princeton has an exciting opportunity for a Project Staff Accountant. A truly great opportunity with a great organization. People love coming to work here and do not leave once hired.
This position is fully responsible for the project billing, project financial management and accounts receivable process. This includes but is not limited to, project billing, responding to client inquiries, and managing accounts receivable to ensure payment is received within terms.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Control access to project accounts
- Complete the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Review supplier invoices related to a project
- Review time sheets for work related to a project
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports
- Report to client teams regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Following up with project teams for billing milestones.
- Prepare invoice packages containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval
- Submit final invoices to the client
- Monitor accounts receivable and be responsible for collection efforts to ensure all clients pay within terms
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers
- Present write off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Any adhoc requests
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office as well as prior accounting system experience
- More than 2 years of billing and receivables
- A knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment