ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the DC market; they are looking to hire a Staff Accountant. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
- Young rapidly growing publicly traded company that is a leader in the Medical Technology industry that can offer its employees opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Very attractive benefits package with flexibility when it comes to commuting and work schedules.
High visibility role reporting to the Controller. This is a very good opportunity for the candidate selected to learn and move their career forward in the growing medical technology field. Very good work/life balance with a collaborative approach to getting the job done.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.