Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Bloomington, MN
This position holds primary responsibility for client invoicing and revenue recognition in an international environment. Beyond these primary responsibilities, this position is responsible for preparing account reconciliations, analysis and reports, as well as serving as a back up to other accounting personnel in critical areas.
- Prepares and sends customer invoices in accordance with the terms of the specific contract and in accordance with standard operating procedure.
- Communicates with clients (internal and external) to resolve invoicing questions and assure timely payment.
- Maintains accurate client files for both completed business and in-process activity.
- Understands and properly records revenue on client sales
- Reconciles and analyzes various GL accounts and reports as requested.
- Prepares schedules and work papers for auditors.
- Prepares and enters select journal entries into the Great Plains accounting system.
- Prepares various analytical reports for management as required.
- Analyzes data and make suggestions for adjustment or process improvements.
- Assists with training.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
* 5+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a large corporate environment.
- 3+ years revenue recognition experience, preferably in a software company
- Great Plains experience
- Ability to streamline processes, innovate and problem solve
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to details
- Experience with multi-currency
* Proven excellence in communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and complete work within agreed deadlines.
* Ability to read and follow written procedures and work with only general supervision.
* Intermediate skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Project management skills
- Creative and energetic approach to daily work, always seeking new ways to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently.
* Comfortable with tight deadlines and a diverse work culture.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com