The Intersect Group's client, located in Grand Prairie,TX is seeking a Staff Accountant. The company is stable and growing and offers exceptional benefits.
The Staff Accountant will rotate through multiple roles and perform day-to-day functions while ensuring accounting and finance issues and processes are appropriately identified, analyzed, and documented in technical memos. They'll participate in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new and existing accounting systems and related interfaces. The Staff Accountant will be a catalyst for change and will recommend process and system modifications that improve internal controls and increase efficiency.
Here are some of the key responsibilities the Staff Accountant will take on:
• Treasury - responsibilities may include bank accounts, compliance, reconciliations, fund transfers (direct debit, ACH, wires, etc.), foreign exchange revaluation (ASC 830), merchant services and accounts, cash management, debt servicing, and FBAR.
• Accounts Payable and Purchasing - responsibilities may include vendor management, forms and submissions (W-9, 1099, etc.), corporate credit cards, expense management, Use Tax, controls and compliance, monthly close, and spend analysis.
• Accounts Receivable and Revenue - responsibilities may include revenue analysis, revenue recognition (ASC 606 and IFRS 15), credit analysis, foreign exchange revaluation, collections, cash application, commission calculation, working with sales team, monthly close, and sales tax.
• General Accounting - responsibilities may include fixed assets, working with external auditors, cost accounting, utilization, controls and compliance, monthly close, professional services and project accounting, allocations, inter-company, research, and consolidation.
• Tax - responsibilities may include working with external tax accountants (globally), forms and submissions, research, and tax analyses.
• Financial Planning and Analysis - responsibilities may include annual budget, quarterly forecast, ad hoc and pro forma reporting, variance analyses, CAPEX analyses, sales and pricing analyses, and change analyses.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Possess accounting and internal controls knowledge - solid understanding of US GAAP and the ability to learn international accounting matters (UK, AUS, etc.).
• Self-motivated, detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and execute concurrent assignments.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Excel functions and possess an understanding of database tools to perform SQL queries.
• Knowledge of Sage Intacct and Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, & CPQ).
• Possess innovative thinking abilities with a high degree of motivation and problem-solving skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to constant change to meet deadlines.
• Possess a willingness to take ownership and work collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
• Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
Full array of company benefits, including 100% 401K Matching (up to 4%), profit sharing and comprehensive training.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 68677 when responding to this ad.