The CSI Companies has partnered with a Top Insurance firm in the Saint Petersburg FL area who is actively seeking a Staff Accountant.
Summary: The Staff Accountant’s primary job responsibilities are the preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliations, statutory reporting, and SOX compliance.
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries.
- Completes monthly account reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly GAAP & statutory financial statements.
- Prepares quarterly and annual statutory statements (Yellow Books).
- Assists in providing quarterly and annual deliverables to external and internal auditors.
- Documents processes and procedures in accordance with public company standards (SOX 404).
- Aids and backs up other team members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Contributes to process improvements and implementation of automated financial tools
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required
- 1-3 years of work-related experience
- Statutory reporting experience a plus, but not required
- CPA designation a plus, but not required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and shows initiative, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/ sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
- Strong time-management, project-management, organizational and priority-setting skills
- Strong interpersonal/verbal and written communication and typing skills
- Excellent collaborative skills to work with different teams and departments
- Sense of urgency to complete tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work calmly and successfully under pressure
- Math Aptitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across organizational levels
- Advanced personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and the ability to learn various internal proprietary software packages, including but not limited to Office and/or other new or existing software
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs