Our client operates multiple successful dental offices in Dallas Fort Worth, and is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team! This is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in accounting/finance while working in a professional but relaxed atmosphere.
- Responsible for supporting the accounting operations of the company
- Work with accounting and operating teams to ensure proper compliance with procedures
- Communicate routinely with Executive Team and Director(s) of Operations on collections and Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Anticipate needs of Executive and Accounting Teams on issues related to collections and AR and works to be proactive in advance of being requested
- Conduct regular AR aging reviews and provide training and follow up
- Accounts Payable (AP) processing and submitting for appropriate approval prior to payment
- Audit and process credit card bills
- 1099 Maintenance
- Researches any invoices or issues assigned by Controller
- Responds or forwards all AP related e-mails and follow up with appropriate dental office or vendor
- Handles AP related phone calls
- Maintains files and documentation, thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accounting practices
- Process monthly reports with accountability for AR and AP
- Record and verify transactions related to the accounts receivable process
- Bank feed imports into Quickbooks.
- Manage Bill.com payables and maintenance between Bill.com and Quickbooks.
- Manage vendor payments between three platforms - Bill.com, Quickbooks, and SpendNet Navigator.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and related reporting
- Record and verify transactions related to the Accounts Payable process
- Develop and maintain accounting process and procedures to improve efficiency
- Provide financial statements and related operating reports and budgeting as required
- Work with operations team ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures
- Communicate and assist Executive Team on a variety of job-related topics
- Communicate routinely with Director(s) of Operation on a variety of topics including AR, AP and Payroll
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Anticipate needs of Executive and Accounting Teams and works to be proactive in advance of being requested
- Assist with human resource functions including facilitating new employee on-boarding and benefits administration
- Perform other various accounting and general office duties as necessary
- Successful candidate must have excellent knowledge and proficiency working in QuickBooks and current Microsoft Office software including Word,
- Excel and Outlook. Excellent Oral and Written communication and documentation skills are essential as is attention to detail and accuracy.
- Dental Insurance billing and collecting experience will distinguish the successful candidate.
Salary: 47-52k DOE
Paid time off
Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
Other types of insurance
Retirement benefits or accounts
Apply now for immediate consideration!