One of our valued clients is seeking an Accountant to add to their accounting team. The ideal candidate will be driven, self motivated and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and related continuing education.
- More than four years of progressive and responsible experience with finance and accounting needs and activities of a professional services company, including general ledger; accounts receivable and payable; payroll; data analysis; and project management reporting.
- Direct experience within the architect/engineer/construction (A/E/C) industry is preferred.
- Deltek Vision® project management, finance and accounting software.
- Experience with U.S. Federal government contracting and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and invoicing practices.
- Must have strong attention to detail, as well as excellent writing, grammar and record keeping skills.
- Strong organizational and personal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Approachable and able to interact in a positive and constructive manner with employees at all levels of the firm.
- Strong computer/IT systems knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office® Programs, including, but not limited to: Word®, Outlook®, PowerPoint® and Excel®. Experience posting to FTP sites is a plus.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work as a member of group, as well as independently.
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and adapt to changing deadlines and schedules sometimes on short-notice.
- Qualified applicants must be U.S. citizen and able to successfully pass a Federal background check.
- Assist with the close process (month-end and year-end), including balance sheet reconciliations, such as fixed assets, prepaids and accruals.
- Process vendor invoices and expense reports for payment, initially.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis and manage the sick and vacation benefit accruals.
- Facilitate cash management activities, apply customer payments and perform bank reconciliations.
- Set up new projects, budgets and billing terms in our Accounting system.
- Prepare monthly client invoices.
- Maintain and verify all project-related documents, including contracts and other internal requirements.
- Assist Project Managers with monthly project review reports and other project-related requests.
- Respond to internal and external financial inquiries via telephone and email; answer and re-direct as appropriate.
- Assist with the development and updating of the firm's financial management policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Other miscellaneous financial-related projects and duties, as required.