Summary: The Accountant will perform general ledger accounting duties and financial analysis in support of contractual obligations.
Growth Opportunities: Ability to apply to other roles internally and grow within the company!
Benefits: Great health insurance, PTO, 401K package!
Compensation: $55,000 - 60,000 annually
Location: South West Charlotte
- Review contracts to identify and interpret complex financial obligations
- Prepare monthly journal entries, payments, and reconciliations for such contractual obligations
- Ensure compliance to contract terms and commitments including, commissions, volume allowances, profit splits etc.
- Ensure accounting conforms to the Group Accounting Policies and Procedures manual based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure monthly profit and loss statements are an accurate reflection of the results of the period
- Prevent earnings management through appropriate use and validation of journal entries
- Ensure balance sheet accounts reflect the correct balance and are reviewed and reconciled monthly
- Analyze profit and loss statement and balance sheet for possible mis-statement/defalcation Use all available tools to maintain highest degree of internal control possible
- Create and maintain checklists to ensure compliance with contractual terms
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of General Ledger accounting experience
- Experience with contract interpretation highly preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Experience with Hyperion/Essbase and SAP a plus
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be a quick learner and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and a positive 'can-do' attitude
Category Code: JN001