STAFF ACCOUNTANTSummary: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for daily accounting and financial analysis of activities related to the personal finances of the company owner. The Accountant will also assist the Controller with related accounts payable and financial statement reporting. Duties • Manage the daily financial transactions for all entities, including A/P, A/R related analyses
• Make deposits, organize bills and maintain detailed variance analyses for review by management
• Prepare monthly journal entries for all entities including a wholly-owned real estate subsidiary.
• Manage investment accounts and track contributions and distributions (Morgan Stanley, Oaktree and 401K)
• Reconcile Officer Loan account MSI Corporate account and maintain in balance position
• Bill licensing expenses and royalties report with related variance analyses for licensing company
• Reconcile personal cash requests and expenditures
• Prepare journal entries and financial statements for all entities maintained on Quick books.
• Manage real estate projects including reconciliations and analyses of projects in process
• Prepare A/P weekly, domestic and international wires, and inter-account transfers
• Assist with owners travel invoicing for client reimbursement.
• Manage personal house manager and chef expenses for all residences.
• Perform clean-up procedures on the A/P accounting balances on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile MSI credit card statements on a monthly basis and follow up with designers for PO support
• Assist with freight charges for in-house messenger and external delivery services
• Create POs for client re-billing of delivery charges and other reimbursable expenses.
• Manage A/R for client reimbursable accounts and clean-up aging on a monthly basis
• At fiscal year-end, prepare spreadsheet of accruals for outstanding invoices.
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of year end Form 1099 accounts
• Prepare year-end schedules for tax accounting firm.
• Prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required by management Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality. Oral Communication/ Written Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen/ Cost Consciousness/ Ethics - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability. Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources. Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality/ Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently. Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality/ Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Ability:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Math Ability:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Studio Designer and Manufacturer and QuickBooks. **For immediate consideration, please submit resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]